hero among us

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have the medical background that many of the folks here do, but when I did my rescue course, my instructor told us that CPR isn't an issue of keeping someone alive; it's a matter of bring a dead person back.

Sounds like she gave it her all and more. Wish her well and tell her not to beat herself up over it.

Ish...that had to be very traumatic. kids are tough, seeing them that way. Make sure you get close friends around you, okay?

You did the best you could Ishie, that is all anyone can do. Good job.

Well done! First answering the help call and then buy getting a puls by doing CPR. Quite amazing. You can't beat yourself up about it, who knows how long the child had been gone...what the outcome would have been if it had survived...you gave your best and that is far more than many people give.

Ishie,

You did everything humanly possible. Getting a pulse back is a huge accomplishment. However, you have to remember it was the accident that caused this death and nothing you did or didn't do. Childrens deaths are always the worst, I know that first hand. You might want to visit a counselor if the burden is too hard to bear. Getting it out is the best thing you can do, then your healing can begin.

Ishie,

Bless you for the work you. The fact you cared enough to respond and work so hard is a blessing to everyone involved. Your work gave the family that much more time with the child so God was guiding you that night.

Chad

Ishie, you truly are a hero. You did what relatively few people have ever done, bring a person back to life. You gave the family a chance to say good-bye to their baby, while she was still alive. As compared the baby having died in the hot tub, that was trully a wonderful gift.

Thats an amazing story!!! Kudos and congrats on a job well done!!! We live in a world where life isnt always fair... but you did your absolute best, and thats all anyone can ask!!! (((((BIG HUGS))))) to you.. I know how it feels... but you can rest assured that at least you were there to help!!!

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom