Hey ya'll. Need opinion on computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Getnsquirrelee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at getting a fairly simply computer for my wife. I have heard good things about the mares puck. I am able to get the wrist and the air integrated for about the same price. What is ya'lls opinion about either. Thanks for everything.

If you want super simple, Mares is the way to go.

Be aware it is pretty conservative. And by pretty conservative I mean can be up to 15 minutes difference in bottom time before NDL on the 2nd dive of the day.

If you want a computer that will grow with you through your dive life, run very fast in another direction.

Last edited:
As much as ScubaPro generally annoys me, their hocky puck computers are rock solid and they (SP) make good on any issue. Forget air integrated, go with the basic.

You can use this link to compare computers and see what functions you would like to have.

Dive Computer Training

Take a look at the Oceanic line of computers.

Oceanic Worldwide - Personal Dive Computers

I have a datamask and a BUD, I like both of them, though I have not had a chance to dive with the BUD, I like Oceanic computers.

My one concern about the AI is that, if you get really into diving and especially if you start looking at more technical diving, you may reach a point where you want/need the computer to be on your wrist and want your SPG to be as streamlined and small as possible. That said, for the strictly recreational diving that most do, the AI will work well and you won't have spent a lot of money if you decide to sell it and get something else later. Just be sure to secure it to your BC, since you don't want your air/NDL monitor to be hanging loose and risking damage by banging into the bottom.

Thanks for all the replies. For now she is doing only recreational. She is working on her advanced with me, but has no interest in cave or entry on wrecks. Just looking for something that will do everything she needs it to. I like the idea of air integrated even if on the more basic side like this one. Wanted to get some opinions. Thanks ya'll.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom