Hi Everyone, would like to dive near Singapore / Malaysia next week. Any recomendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,
I just registered in the forum and I am quite excited!!
I am in Singapore for some days and was thinking of diving maybe in Malaysia next week. I am mainly interested in big fish.
I know it is not the best season, but would appreciate if you could give me some recommendations for 3 days diving.
I would love to go to Layang Layang but I think it is not a good moment.
Really appreciate your recommendations.
Thanks
Rodrigo

Welcome to SB. I miss Singapore, I hope you enjoy your time there.
There are a lot of options. I'd actually recommend you try one of the liveaboard trips that go out for the weekends. They leave right from one of the singapore ferry terminals, so no flight necessary and they're a lot of fun. I've been on several of them. Here is one example: Liveaboard Diving Schedule - 2016 | Nautica Diving | MV Nautica LOB | LOB Singapore | LOB Tioman
But you can actually talk to anyone at any of the dive shops and they'll give you a ton of more information. I have booked trips through Marlin Diver, Orpheus, and Friendly Waters. All were fantastic.
You can also dive in local waters. The dives are typically at Pulau Hantu, but there are some trips to the Sister Islands. Visibility isn't fantastic, but there are some cool critters there.

Hope that helps, and happy diving!

Wrong time of year to start looking at Tioman, Redang or Perhentian, I'd be looking at popping over to Sulawesi or Bali.

If you are really desperate then Pulau Hantu is fine, good macro life.

+1 for Marlin Divers in Singapore. I was there for a conference during the first week in December 2016 and Marvin was able to coordinate a late afternoon pair of dives at Pulau Hantu (Ghost Island) which is just south of the island of Singapore. Both dives were a maximum depth of 41' with water temperatures of 84-86 F. Saw a white and a yellow seahorse on the first dive at Pulau Hantu Bersar (first time I have ever seen seahorses during a dive) while we saw a large hawks bill turtle, beautiful & colorful nudis and a neon blue spotted ray on the second dive at Pulau Hantu Kechil. Was very nice to be able to log a couple of Singapore dives with such a short schedule.

Singapore 120716.jpg

Back
Top Bottom