Hi from NH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daveg1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, thought I should finally introduce my self. I 've been diving for 9 years the last 5 or so as a DM for a couple of LDS. I have started getting into a little tech stuff in the last year or so. I do most of my diving in Maine or Mass (with only 13 miles of seacoast the NH salt water diving is a little limited).

Dave :D

O.K., MB is for Monterey Bay so I do a lot of diving in Monterey Bay of course! What type of limited diving do you have optioned for your area? While looking at maps, charts, etc. I have seen what looks like a few coastal wrecks to dive on and a few coves, islets that seem promising but since I do not see the coast, I don't really know what your options are. For me, I just have the dreary old MB which is represented in the aquarium. Ho, Hum!

Dan

Vacations area great excuse to dive!

We do have a few wrecks, but most require a boat. There is some ok shore diving on the coast of NH, but most is very shallow and the entery's and parking can be tough. We have some great places in Maine and Cape Ann Mass though.

I would love to get a chance to dive Montery Bay. I grew up in the SF bay area, but did not dive then. I have wanted to get back to spend some time diving and riding down the CA coast. Oh well some day I will find the time.

Dave

Welcome to the partly line. :wave: Fun place to hangout when you're not diving. Looking forward to your participation.

don

Hey Dave,

What shop do you work for? I'm currently in Exeter and need to get my reg serviced. Looks like Epsom is outside Concord (I'm not a true New Hampshireite!). Is that where you work? I've dealt with the shop in Rye (can't remember the name now) and they seem to be good folks. If you have another suggestion let me know.
Thanks much,
Beck

Beck
I am working for aquanuts in concord. I know many folks that use the shop in rye, I have not heard any complaints. Also Jay over at Pourtsouth scuba seams like he has a nice shop as well.
Dave

Thanks for the info Dave. Guess I"ll probably head back to Rye since they're so close, but I'll definitely check out the shop in Portsmouth, and get myself over to your shop as well. Browsing in dive shops is my kind of shopping!!
As for winter diving in New England, I've got a drysuit and the undies, did my course outside of Rutland, Vt. in a quarry, bottomed out at 42 degrees (without the undies!!) which I'd say was a wee bit too nippy for me! But I've only done about 8 dives in the suit so I'm still very green with it. Do you ever get over to Nubble Light during the winter? Hmmm, maybe I'll have to blow the dust off the cold water gear...... If i get courageous I'll let you know. And maybe I'll see you at the shop.

Cheers,
Beck

Back
Top Bottom