High rated dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I don't consider TA reviews to be holy scriptures I have found them helpful to steer me in the right direction. I have seen plenty of web sites with fake reviews and it's usually not too difficult to tell if the reviewer is some kind of idiot or has a grudge. Besides that it's a place to post my underwater pictures for free :)

So I was looking over TripAdvisor for dive shops to potentially use if a trip to Cozumel pans out. The one thing I noticed was that all of the dive shops had a 4.5 star rating or higher.

So this is the question... Is every shop on the island just amazing or does everyone just rubber stamp a 5 star rating?

I used to dive with Blue Angel but no longer do due to a “disagreement” with Eva the owner. I have since been diving with Tres Pelicanos for the past 4 plus years and believe they are one of the best! Blue Angel’s best fast boat was Chiqimax and for whatever reason Eva sold it off. Most of their best dive masters have also left. I will say though that Mateo who is still there is still one of the best dive instructors and I highly recommend him for certification and advanced certifications. He certified my wife and son and certified me for Advanced Open Water He is originally from Chicago and the Co-owner of Ohana’s with his wife.

As for urinating of the back off the boat, if customers are on the boat that is unprofessional. Jump off the side of the boat, do what the fishes do, allow time for dilution with seawater then get back on the boat. If you wish, put on a mask and look down for dropped Go pro cameras

As for dive shops, refer to a previous post and determine your preferences. Mine are: Large tanks, beach club surface interval and shade on the boat. Another benefit of my preferred dive op (Aldora) is periodic trips to Maracaibo and Barracuda. I was lucky on one trip where my first day we went to Maracaibo. Next day we went to Barracuda.

As for urinating of the back off the boat, if customers are on the boat that is unprofessional. Jump off the side of the boat, do what the fishes do, allow time for dilution with seawater then get back on the boat. If you wish, put on a mask and look down for dropped Go pro cameras

See Post #29 and subsequent discussion - I addressed this

I have been a little embarrassed when females divers pee off the side of the boat. Given a little warning I will try to look the other way.

I have been a little embarrassed when females divers pee off the side of the boat. Given a little warning I will try to look the other way.

There's nothing sexier than a woman who'll pee off the side of a boat without a second thought.

There's nothing sexier than a woman who'll pee off the side of a boat without a second thought.

I wouldn’t even know how that can be done without getting it all over the boat.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t even know how that can be done without getting it all the very the boat.

Very simple...

1) Hang tail over side
2) Lean forward to balance
3) Pull swimsuit crotch to right or left
4) Pee
(And sometimes a partner lends a hand to hold on to if conditions dictate)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom