Hog D1 first stage Din

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phasechange

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone else with the Hog D1 regulator have issues with the o-ring coming out? The o-ring will pop out of the ring when I remove the cap or when I remove the regulator from the tank. The o-ring just looks like its just slightly too big (original as well as replacements).

yup, have the same problem with my apeks first stages as well... It's not a big deal just slightly irritating, I always check the valves as soon as I take it out as they're usually in there

I have the same problem with one of my Dive Rite regs also.
The DIN o-ring sometimes stays in the tank valve and other times it falls out of the DIN portion of the 1st stage.

I now am careful to make sure the pressure is completely out of the reg before I remove the DIN valve. Have not lost an o-ring in over 6 months now. ( I have not gone diving in 5 months though )

Jim Breslin

So what size does the manufacturer specify for the DIN o-ring on the HOG D1 first stage?
-112? -- which is the "standard" o-ring for most DIN regs
-111? -- which is the one my Apeks first stages use

Just curious.

Try leaving the reg attached to a tank when you are not diving, after awhile the o-ring will take a set and not fall out any more. Mine was attached for about two weeks from a dive that got blown out and now the o-ring stays in fine.

My Dive Rite regulators do this also.
I just bought a bag of 100 viton o-rings, I keep them everywhere so I'm not concerned with losing one.

-Mitch

Mine fall out all the time (3 sets of HOGS) but I loose them out of other DIN regs too.

I went out and bought 100 viton orings to make sure I always had one, I was just wondering if this was normal or should I send it back. Sounds like it is normal (that sucks).

I realize that axyto indicated "Viton 112" is the manufacturer specified o-ring.
Was this mentioned in the owner's manual or the official tech repair manual?
Or was this info given out by cerich (owner of HOG) here on ScubaBoard?

I wonder whether anyone has tried the -111 o-ring size. The -111 is slightly smaller than the -112. Obviously, this all depends on the dimensions of the DIN o-ring groove on the HOG D1 first stage. Material (Buna-N, Viton, EPDM) of the o-ring really shouldn't affect the fit of the o-ring, per se. Is it possible that durometer (hardness) of the o-ring could be an issue?

I've never had a DIN o-ring pop out of any of my Apeks first stages. Am I just lucky?

Back
Top Bottom