HOG D1 Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I am looking at the set, and cannot tell how many high pressure ports there are. I went to HOG Gear D1 Coldwater First Stage - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL. But, it says "2 hp outlets on each side", is that meaning a total of 4 hp ports?

COLD and DRY SEALED Balanced Diaphram.
300 BAR DIN.
Rotating turret with 4 LP ports and 2 HP ports located on each side of the first stage body.
NEW Bottom 5th LP port for better hose routing with doubles.
Includes protective Delrin DIN cap with string.

Mine will be here in the morning (just a few hours actually) and I will count them for you.

I was talking about their popularity and from a marketing point of view ?!?!

...how much does word of mouth weigh?

The wording is awkward, but there are clearly only two HP ports shown in the pictures.

The wording is awkward, but there are clearly only two HP ports shown in the pictures.

I have the reg in my hand, there are 2 HP ports total, one on each side. Just got this out of the box and it looks to be very well made, and it breaths very easy (in my living room at least, I will let you know when I get it wet).

I have it on a stage bottle but I plan on breathing it on my next dive (Wednesday hopefully).

I have the reg in my hand, there are 2 HP ports total, one on each side. Just got this out of the box and it looks to be very well made, and it breaths very easy (in my living room at least, I will let you know when I get it wet).

I have it on a stage bottle but I plan on breathing it on my next dive (Wednesday hopefully).

Looking forward to your review.

My regs should be here in the next 2 or 3 days - bit excited!! :banana:

I just got my dive shop to look into stocking these! It was an interesting challenge to overcome their objections (too low price, service parts, the unknown factor) but I'm excited, I'll be the first customer. :)

Well I just got mine today. All the way from Dive right in Scuba to me in Australia safe and sound.

:D :D :D :D

Initial impressions are that they look very well made. 1st stage is a little heavier than other regs as has been said before but I need some weight nearer my head for trim so that's a bonus for me.

2nd stages are great, light enough, solid, feel good etc etc.

Diving them Sunday so full report after that.

I just got my dive shop to look into stocking these! It was an interesting challenge to overcome their objections (too low price, service parts, the unknown factor) but I'm excited, I'll be the first customer. :)

their objection was "too low of a price"? :shakehead:

what they really meant was "too low of a profit margin based on a lower price" and that they wouldn't sell as many regulators that are twice as expensive.

Service parts? Edge/Hog sells service parts. Just another excuse on the LDS's part I'd guess. BTW... chances are they arleady have the service parts needed as it uses the same parts as some other brand name regulators.

I just got my mine, and am looking forward to diving them. I like how nicely the hose routing works out with the extra bottom LP ports.

Last edited:
Which ports are favoured for which hose in a single tank DIR setup?

Photo would be really appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom