HOG Heaven Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Count me in on this one.

Chuck

As someone who rides a Hog, and dives in a mostly Hog configuration, I would also enjoy a place to discuss modifications to configuration, without being told how it is "supposed" to be done. I will listen to anyone, and learn from most, but take orders from none. I vote yes.

Yes, it's got my vote - it's a good idea.

I think there are more than enough sub-forums right now, TYVM.

What's next? NAUI/PADI/CMAS/Whatever Agency forums?

I just checked the DIR Free Zone. Never had a single post in it. Want to trade?

SubMariner:
I think there are more than enough sub-forums right now, TYVM.

What's next? NAUI/PADI/CMAS/Whatever Agency forums?

I guess everyone knows how I feel about this idea. :thumb:

If we do get a Hog Forum it must be sheltered...a no trolling zone...protected in the same way as the Solo or DIR forums. All are welcome but no one is the authority.

Stephen

I second Quarrior, ditch the DIR free zone in favor of a Hog Forum. The DIR Free Zone is a negative to Scubaboard. DIR has a place - Just not in everyone's Face. :soapbox:
<Edit>
I should probably add that whilst I'm not DIR, I don't dissagree with their methods and gear. Just the zealot attitudes of a few people espousing DIR. - The vocal minority...

bergersau:
I second Quarrior, ditch the DIR free zone in favor of a Hog Forum. The DIR Free Zone is a negative to Scubaboard. DIR has a place - Just not in everyone's Face. :soapbox:
The dir free zone was an April Fools joke. Check the start date.
It's still fooling em..;-)

I think a hogarthian forum is a great idea - the DIR forum is good, but a few folks get overzealous in reminding other posters that "that's not DIR, you can't discuss it here!". Might as well rename it the Halcyon forum (okay, so I'm a little biased).

If it's okay to start up half a dozen subforums each under photography, fitness and public safety diving, I don't see any reason to limit the number of subforums for specific diving philosophies/configurations. There's already Solo and DIR forums.

Only request - don't call it some quirky play on words like "Hog Heaven" - call it "Hogarthian Diving" or something clear so that newcomers aren't confused.

OK, I am not trolling. What is "Hogarthian Diving"? I did a search on it, found several hits, but no explanation.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom