HOG Heaven Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hogarthian refers to a minimalist cave diving configuration created by Bill Main with pretty much the only guidelines being take only what you need, and if you need it, bring two. It only covers gear configuration with one broad ideal which can be interpreted many different ways.

Ben

Hey Doc! I think we have enough interest. Can we make it happen?

I concur with most of the posts here.

I've incorporated some of the gear related concepts of the Hog/DIR school in my recreational and wreck diving and have been glad that I did so.

Perhaps this forum will help all of us SHARE those configurations that have worked and not worked for us.

Scubaroo:
Only request - don't call it some quirky play on words like "Hog Heaven" - call it "Hogarthian Diving" or something clear so that newcomers aren't confused.

Agreed that a separate forum is a good thing...

Also agree with Ben on the name issue.

Scubaroo:
Only request - don't call it some quirky play on words like "Hog Heaven" - call it "Hogarthian Diving" or something clear so that newcomers aren't confused.

Pity i thought we could have some john lee hooker playing whilst you browsed the forum.

But i'm in

The Kracken:
I concur with most of the posts here.

I've incorporated some of the gear related concepts of the Hog/DIR school in my recreational and wreck diving and have been glad that I did so.

Perhaps this forum will help all of us SHARE those configurations that have worked and not worked for us.
Yes! SHARE is the opertive word here. I personally don't want attacks on any one that asks a question. I'm here to learn and share.

So I am all for "opt in"....

First ? Does everyone have only 3 d rings ( feeble but maybe it's a start).

Nope, have 4. 1 on each shoulder strap and 2 on the waist belt. The ones on the waist belt help secure my ditchable weight when I'm diving my heavy wet suit. I've fabricated some other little keepers of sorts that let me secure things such as my back up flashlight, etc.

SmokeAire:
First ? Does everyone have only 3 d rings ( feeble but maybe it's a start).

I have 7:

Left & right shoulder--backup lights
Extra (large) on left shoulder for stage bottles
Left hip--stage bottle & SPG
Right hip--safety reel
Crotch--scooter harness
Behind butt--extra reel(when needed)

theskull

I have 4. One on each shouler for back up lights and one on each side of my waist. Right waist holds safety reel and left waist holds SPG.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom