• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

1. Marie13

Marie13 Great Lakes Mermaid ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I have the Dive Rite Deluxe harness that has a quick release on the left shoulder, above D ring. They have another version with two quick releases below D rings - the Transplate. I went with the large quick release on one shoulder as it is much easier for me to deal with in dry gloves and just easier to reach. I loved my Halycon pink H webbing, but the DR harness is just so much easier for me.

Maybe the DR Transplate harness would work for you. Can always not use the padding it comes with. On sale at DRIS, too.

TransPlate Harness

Altamira likes this.
  2. TheSherpa

TheSherpa DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    Edit: I can't read some days...

3. rongoodman

rongoodman ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Golem Gear G1 Adjustable diving harness

Altamira likes this.
  4. dumpsterpurrs

dumpsterpurrs Divemaster Candidate

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    And oms sucks, but you can snatch the iq lite for about 100-130eur. I also prefer the OMS, feature for feature.

Altamira likes this.
  5. Kevin Floyd

Kevin Floyd DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I saw this last year and copied it. Works great. Easy way to travel with a full SS BP

Altamira likes this.
  6. Altamira

Altamira ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Well, I ordered the HOG while DRIS had its BF sale. I got the soft back pack for travel and can switch to the AL plate if I decide to do that in the future. Thank you all for the inputs.

Bowers likes this.
  7. Micheal

Micheal NAUI Instructor

You made the right Choice. FTR, HOG is made in the same factory on the same line as Dive Rite and a few others. It is good gear, and has better growth then the Zeagle Tech Express (which I do own 3 of). Also you will get far superior support with HOG, then Huish (Zeagle).

Altamira likes this.
  8. Kimela

Kimela Barracuda

My husband says buy the HOG. He looked at Dive Rite, OMS, Hollis and HOG. He got the 32 pound lift because it has the built in bungees. He says you have to fiddle with it to make it fit your body properly, but once it's all set it's great. I've heard other divers on boats admiring it too.

9. GirlonFire

GirlonFire Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I have the HOG TBCS (32# wing) and I love it. It was my first bp/w and with the soft plate, it’s very comfortable.
    That said, it’s a bit bulky and heavy (9 lbs) so I was looking around and got a killer deal from DRIS Black Friday weekend on a Dive Rite Travel EXP wing, HOG aluminum backplate and hogarthian harness. The package was supposed to include a HOG 27# wing, but they were out. No complaints about that.
    I moved my crotch strap and small HOG weight pockets over but may opt for a weight belt to save more weight. All in, I shaved about 2 pounds but it packs much better since I can take it apart.
    I’ll try it out in a few weeks.

Altamira likes this.