Hollis PRISM 2 Rebreather Demo Event at Dutch Springs was a Huge Success!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayne at DiveSeekers

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This past weekend I conducted 18 of the 20 Hollis PRISM 2 Demos at Dutch Springs. We had a great turn out and a lot of smiles. Demo event consisted of a small academic session with review of basic nitrox, design of unit, how to dive the unit, skills we were doing and dive plan. While in the water I ran the divers through their checks and proceeded to do our dive. The dive consisted of a gradual descent along a line down to the platforms that were at 25'. While at the platforms I had the divers bump up their PO2 to a 1.0, then the divers proceeded to do a lap around the platform maintaining PO2 (flying unit manually, computer as backup set to .7). Once their PO2 and buoyancy were good (some divers needed 2 laps because of buyoancy) and stable they followed a line I ran out to a wall and then they proceeded to do a wall dive. Ratio was 1:1, Max depth was 30' and the dives ran just under 40 minutes. I am so proud of all the participants, they had a great rebreather experience and not only did they dive the rig, they flew it manually and all by themselves! We unfortunately had to turn away divers because I was really the only instructor until late Sunday when another showed up for the last two people.

P2Diver3.jpg P2Diver2.jpg P2Diver.jpg

For those that brought their Backplates, they loved the fact that they could bolt it right up. Overall, divers loved the Shearwater Electronics (all new P2's come with Petrel's), they were amazed with the work of breathing (in fact, many said that it was way better then their own regulator), excited with how light it felt on their back and how easy it was to fly the unit manually (thought it would be harder). As usual, a lot were getting use to the buoyancy and felt like they were almost starting over.

The other big draw was seeing the unit with the New BOV! I just got my BOV last week and already had it installed for the event. Divers loved the small, integrated BOV. New BOV worked great and I'm real happy with it!

Hol-240.6300-3S.jpg

I may try to do another Prism 2 Demo Event in September and will post if i do. In the meantime, feel free to PM me if you are interested in one and I can try to coordinate a Demo for you.

It was an awesome weekend, lots of smiles and positive feedback. Let me know if you need help with the next one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom