Hollis wings and no STA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right on. With my 3mil, steel 100, and my bc, I don't need any extra weight, but with the weather and water cooling down (a lot) its about time to switch to the 7mil semi-dry, I'll definitely be needing some extra weight. What's the weight on the Halcyon insert? Or can you get it in different weights?

It's 2.7kgs/6lbs. Only comes in one size. When diving my 2 piece 7mm FJ with hood and a steel tank the weighted STA made me too head heavy, I'm rather lean. I imagine, for me, diving a drysuit or using AL tanks it may have proved more suitable.

It's 2.7kgs/6lbs. Only comes in one size. When diving my 2 piece 7mm FJ with hood and a steel tank the weighted STA made me too head heavy, I'm rather lean. I imagine, for me, diving a drysuit or using AL tanks it may have proved more suitable.

You did say that it was 6lbs in an earlier post, my bad. That's probably about what I'd need with the 7mil.

You did say that it was 6lbs in an earlier post, my bad. That's probably about what I'd need with the 7mil.

What with the "H" tax it's a pretty spendy piece of lead lol...Being non ditchable I'm not sure I'd recommend it with a SS plate, steel tank and a wet suit but of course a proper weight check etc will give you a more definitive answer as to suitability. Good luck.

What with the "H" tax it's a pretty spendy piece of lead lol...Being non ditchable I'm not sure I'd recommend it with a SS plate, steel tank and a wet suit but of course a proper weight check etc will give you a more definitive answer as to suitability. Good luck.

With my current rig, while doing check out dives with students, I dive with an extra 8lbs of lead (on a weight belt, that I don't need) for whatever case I may need it. For kicks and giggles, on a non student dive, I swam it up from 70ft no problem. So, I'm sure it won't be an issue. But yea, proper weight check is in order.

I use my Hollis HTS2 and S38 wing, without STA. No problems so far, my tanks Alu80, LP85, HP120.

Back
Top Bottom