Homebuilt rebreather.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice! I like the use of the MSR bags as OTS CL's and some other ingenious touches!!! Cool.

How many man hours do you estimate it took from conception to finish for this current model!

Cheers,

X

Mr.X:
Very nice! I like the use of the MSR bags as OTS CL's and some other ingenious touches!!! Cool.

How many man hours do you estimate it took from conception to finish for this current model!

Cheers,

X

Its only the milling of parts that took some time ans some sewing and glueing, infact i can build it in a few days when i know how to do it.

I needed alot of thinking before i got it this far and the thinking made it better than what i envisioned at first.

Actually i am building 2 of them.

PoseidonSv:
Its only the milling of parts that took some time ans some sewing and glueing, infact i can build it in a few days when i know how to do it.

I needed alot of thinking before i got it this far and the thinking made it better than what i envisioned at first.

Actually i am building 2 of them.

Way to go! You'll have to give your RB a name!

Best,

X

My only understanding of rebreather is when I used to use anesthetic machines. You can run these closed or semi-closed.

Are anesthetic circuits that far different from rebreathers? The whole idea is to conserve oxygen and anesthetic agent by scrubbing the CO2, and adding a little oxygen to make up for what is used.

Am I correct in this aspect?

Extending gas duration is the main draw to rebreathers, that is correct.
In case of O2 rebreathers and closed circuit rebrathers it's actually oxygen that is added, as much as needed to replace the O2 that is metabolized. Hence the enormous gas savings, especially at depth. Mixed gas CCRs use a diluent to make up for pressure volume changes and to keep the gas breathable at depth. Since it's rebreathed savings here are also considerable, very much so if you use helium mixes. Depending on the amount and type of diving done a $10K rebreather/training can pay itself in gas savings in a year or two.

Semi-closed rebreathers usually use a pre-mixed gas, same as open circuit diving, but extend somewhere between 4 to 12 times, depending on the system and setup. All of them use CO2 absorbant, either in granular or cartridge form to remove the CO2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom