Honeymoon Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Everyone for the replies they really helped. Exactly the first hand info I was looking for. We have both been doing some reading and what you guys said is pretty much what I expected. stay at the AIs or West end. (I was kinda hoping I'd get a few responses that there was lots of stuff to do on the surface)
But if she is gonna be bored while I'm diving and I'm not gonna get to dive every day (she will KILL me if I try) well then
I guess we won't be doing Roatan for our Honeymoon.
OK back to the drawing board
I'll be asking again once we narrow it down again.
We have probably looked at every island in the carribean at one point or another, just so hard to choose.
Anybody has any suggestions please send em on by
thank again

I don't know what your budget looks like, but I'd highly recommend the Victoria House in Belize. Beautiful, very romantic (I was married there in April, 2005), fantastic diving and plenty of topside activities. Does your wife snorkel? If so, get protech to take you diving at the cut and let her snorkel. You'll look like you are having so much fun that she may want to get certified and you can't be in better hands than Peter & crew at Protech. Even if she doesn't there are lots of other things to do. Best wishes for your honeymoon and don't hesitate to drop me a note with questions.

A cruise can be very budget friendly, and allows you to see different places you may want to vacation at later. You can dive at most ports and there are lots of things to do for her- you can even go on a cruise that stops in Roatan and check it out!:D

itsjustme0770:
I don't know what your budget looks like, but I'd highly recommend the Victoria House in Belize. Beautiful, very romantic (I was married there in April, 2005), fantastic diving and plenty of topside activities. Does your wife snorkel? If so, get protech to take you diving at the cut and let her snorkel. You'll look like you are having so much fun that she may want to get certified and you can't be in better hands than Peter & crew at Protech. Even if she doesn't there are lots of other things to do. Best wishes for your honeymoon and don't hesitate to drop me a note with questions.

I'll second Belize for the honeymoon,
my wife and I just got back from Hamanasi in Hopkins (aniversary trip)
it was a great AI resort (18 total rooms)
they offer 2 tank dives, half day snorkling, and daily inland adventures everyday
and they are only a short boat trip from the Atolls

oh and 1 of 4 PADI dive operations south of Dangriga
so you'll probably never see another dive boat on your trip
and she can get certified while there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom