Hooray for State Farm's Personal Articles Policy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I avoid insurance but I'd read nothing but good about their PAP or Inland Marine coverage here on SB as many divers insure cameras with them. I had both dive puters, Nitrox Analyzer, Carbon Monoxide Analyzer, a few cameras, and my laptop on the plan mostly for trips, then my laptop got fried in a lightening storm at home. Even tho home policies often exclude such, this was covered - and it was the easiest claim I ever filed.

A week later the agent called to ask if I wanted replacement goods or a check? "I'll take the money, please" was my reply. :eyebrow: They looked for the cost on a replacement but how easy can it be to replace a 5 year old laptop with one just like it? Two days later they mailed the check. I had not realized how over insured I had listed the laptop, but they sent the full $1,000.

I only wish I'd had my BC insured with them when I punctured the bladder; the new one will soon be so - as will more of my gear and my new cell phone. Cell phone companies charge $5-10/month, $50-100 deductible and will replace with a rebuilt phone in a day or two. I'll pay $5-10/year, no deductible - plus buy a used Verizon phone on Ebay for backup to use during a claim - and I like to carry a spare on trips anyway.

If you're insuring with DAN equipment or DEPP, you're paying way too much. :shocked2:

Good for you.

I wish they sold that here. Have to go with DAN.
I've heard that they don't offer Inland Marine close to shore, but call an agent and ask about Personal Articles Policy? I wonder...? :confused:

Too close to the ocean, wind issues.

State Farm does does not sell it here, even though our homeowners policy is grandfathered until the end of the year, you can't add anything to an existing policy.

State Farm is cancelling all homeowners policies in the state of Florida starting at the end of the year anyway.

Sad but true!!

Wow! :eek: Well, when you live in the Hurricane State, you're closer to good diving, pay less for some things like heating, pay more for others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom