Horse beating continues: Diver in Cozumel REFUSES to remove gloves and knife.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let's simplify this, knives are not and never were the problem, craptastic divers are and always have been the problem. I do an awful lot of diving and nobody I get in the water with ever pulls their knife out unless absolutely necessary. It's a stupid law, babysit the crappy divers, don't punish good divers.

Many people found prying off a piece of coral to be absolutely necessary...I don't think we can get much clearer than that.

I asked that Mike but I was nicer :D. However I never got a response. Maybe you will.

ok.... w.t.f. ?

so you think people who have knives shouldn't be allowed to dive in "your park"

but somehow you think it's ok for you to be able to break the rules if they made noise makers illegal?

w.t.f? :shakehead:

Only thing is if I was going to pry on something I would use a small pry bar. Not my knife :D

That is the loophole I use to keep my thriving Cozumel coral business alive...:eyebrow:

That's it. Try to pretend she wasn't talking about PADI/SSI/NAUI/YMCA/etc.

"I found a cert org that covers the [-]less than[/-] 1 percent of [-]certified[/-] qualified divers. That invalidates what you say!" Bzzzzt, thanks for playing.

Fixed that for ya...

Let's simplify this, knives are not and never were the problem, craptastic divers are and always have been the problem. I do an awful lot of diving and nobody I get in the water with ever pulls their knife out unless absolutely necessary. It's a stupid law, babysit the crappy divers, don't punish good divers.

Bingo...

This is craptastically fun. Thanks for this thread Charles :D

Only thing is if I was going to pry on something I would use a small pry bar. Not my knife :D

those aren't illegal are they? Maybe I should get one of those for my next trip . . .

Many people found prying off a piece of coral to be absolutely necessary...I don't think we can get much clearer than that.

And I don't think I can be much simpler than my last statement, don't punish real divers for the actions of some googan vacation diver.

ok.... w.t.f. ?

so you think people who have knives shouldn't be allowed to dive in "your park"

but somehow you think it's ok for you to be able to break the rules if they made noise makers illegal?

w.t.f? :shakehead:

You have absolutely no ability to identify sarcasm. You may have noticed my post contained a reference to every lame argument people have made for carrying knives in the park.

what "differently abled" jack tard would pry it off, don't they know all they have to do is swim behind the group of divers and several pieces will get kicked off. . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom