How Angry Should I Be at this Instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was looking through the smiley's for the little scuba diver I used on a different post and I found this one. I immediately thought about your post :)

:spaninq:
How about this one?

:scubinq:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Please note: This forum has special rules. This forum is intended to be a very friendly, "flame free zone" where divers of any skill level may ask questions about basic scuba topics without fear of being accosted. Please show respect and courtesy at all times. Remember that the inquirer is looking for answers that they can understand. This is a learning zone and consequently, any off-topic or overly harsh responses will be removed.

This is the first and the last warning. If things get more out of hand, posts will be deleted without further notice, and transgressors will be thread banned.

This has been a public service announcement

Not much by the sounds of things.

Well, soggybadger, the members of our fire department dive team are skilled divers with decades of experience, and reams of knowledge. They would never make the rookie mistakes that I made. I am the guy who gets to hold lines, watch from above, and try to learn while getting my classroom and initial training under my belt. I would caution you not to judge PSDs from my own admissions.

Not much by the sounds of things.
You are welcome to come train with my team anytime.

For the record, I happily accept non divers onto the team. Even the certified divers that make the team don't get in the water immediately. I have two yearlings who got to stand aside and watch for our last callout because they weren't ready for the environment yet. Maybe soon.

I would caution you not to judge PSDs from my own admissions.
You rock. Anyone capable of admitting their mistakes, and online no less, is MY kind of diver.

1oremr.jpg

Attachments

• 1oregj.jpg
    1oregj.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 30
My bad. I was in no way belittling psd or their abilities. Sorry for any offence that was taken I was just surprised that a diver of that quality would be fazed by the situation. I was mistaken in believing that the op was a psd. As for having a go myself no thanks. I'll leave that to the folks with the steely nads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom