How cold have you've dived with a wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

35 degrees, 100 feet, 37 minutes. Just finished a 41 minute dive today in 41 degree water with a max depth of 50 feet York, Maine. Suit is an Excel Polar tri-density 5 mil gloves and boots with 3 mil socks over my feet.

33 degrees, 35 minutes, 30 feet. I was wearing a 7 mil semi-dry farmer john. The top was a pull over (no zippers) beaver tail with attached hood. I was very comfortable. It was at a lake in northern Germany that had changing rooms with hot showers. Sure beat changing in the parking lot.

45 degrees, for 30 minutes at max depth of 51 ft.

Was wearing a Bare 7mm, 5mm hood, 5mm gloves. Felt comfortable once my lips and face went numb. If there is to be continued cold water diving, I will be going to dry suit route.

40 degrees for 5-10 minutes (the rest of the dive was around 50-55 degrees).

It sounds like its the air tempatures out of the water is worse than the cold water.

48 degrees at 100ft. at Pelham Blue Water, in the middle of the summer. 5mm full w/ 2mm corewarmer, 3mm gloves. Big mistake was a 3mm beanie, instead of a full hood...

I do *not* like cold water diving...

42 degrees
6.5 mm mares semi dry

56 for 4-5 hours (for 2 days) in 10-15' doing search patterns and other skills for my rescue class. I was waring a Mares 5/4/3 Trilistic full suit, 3mm full hood with the skirt cut off, 5mm boots (standard gear).

Back
Top Bottom