How cold have you've dived with a wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

these are all temps too cold to support human life IMO
dunno how (or why) you do it :D

I was only cold at first when the water trickled in, but after that I was pretty comfortable. When doing cold water diving which is defined as anything below 70 degrees, just make sure that you've got the type of thermal protection that you need.

Also, never let anyone talk you into doing cold water dives unless it's something that you REALLY want to do and have prepaired for. I dive year around and sometimes it's cold and sometimes it's warm.

Did the same as DeepBound

"31F for about 35 minutes. Actually since it was fresh water, it must have been 32F.. but there were peices of ice here and there in the water This was with a farmer john 7mm.. so 14mm of neoprene on my core."

Gilboa Jan 1 2007 Love my Hyperstech

I did a New Years Dive with my LDS this year, we dove at Pennyroyal Scuba in Hopkinsville KY. I had a 6.5mm semi dry with a henderson goldcore hood and 3mm XS Xcuba gloves and 5mm deep sea booties water temp was 42 and it was 35 air temp we hit 60ft for 30 mins.

With 7 inches of snow on the ground in the end of Dec air was 14 at Table Rock Lake for an advanced class water temp was in the 42ish range. In the Great Lakes on the Smith Moore at the prop at 110' showing 39. How accurate, anyones guess. At MERMET Springs at the coffer at 110' 41.

Back
Top Bottom