How Cold is Cold??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But when it comes to cold water and only having a 1 piece 7mm on...I CAN be a whimp :D

I went on a wreck dive at the end of april surface was 41 never thought to see what it was at 90'. My dive buddy said it was the high 30's.

I was the only one diving wet. I felt pretty out of place; until I started using the hot water shower during the SI. Poor guys in the dry suits got to sit in the wind and watch.

From shore however it would have been an entirely different story!

The coldest water that I have personally been in was 51 at the surface. I dropped to a hundred feet and within 10 minutes I was in the HOT TUB on the boat. Perhaps i'm just too darned cold to enjoy or at least pretend to enjoy being that darned cold. Maybe I'v just enjoyed too many dives to feel being that cold is needed. All kidding set aside 50 degrees is dry suit weather. Where I dive it isnt as warm as Florida by any means and a two piece 7mm suit is a normal dive suit, at least in the winter but alas it does get warmer come summer. I'm not sure if wimp is as accurate as spoiled, maybe thats one of the reasons that the dive boats are full in this area.
Dive Safe........and often

Back
Top Bottom