How Cold is Cold??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Women Only"

Like I'm the only man posting in the "women only" thread. lol.

And...WE ARE NOT!!!! (throws a tempertantrum)

45 is cold. Damn cold.

The last diving I did was in about 63 and I was comfy in a 7 mil with hood and gloves. This weekend I'll be in brisk at the surface and damn cold at depth. I'm wearing a new semi-dry, I'll let you all know how that goes.

Rachel

Oh you aren't being fair. You can't gang up on me. That's against the rules...somewhere!
I can dive in cold water...it's just cold :( lol

a farmer jane style? If its a 1 piece, you could add a hooded vest and/or core warmer. Yes its a lot of neoprene, but that is after all what keeps you warm. I've worn 2 piece farmer janes in 50 degree water and was not cold, below the thermocline where it was 41 degrees, I was cold. Make sure your boots and gloves are thick enough as well.

You never know til you try it. A lot of being cold or being warm is mental as well. Once you're in the water and get busy, you tend to worry a little less about if your cold or not.

Have fun!

Julie

Can you say DRYSUIT? :cold:

Of course you can... I knew you could...

Been there. Done that. Bought the drysuit.

~SubMariner~

OK ScubaGhrl,

This is your 1st warning about trademark violations, use "Warm Water Wimp" all you'd like, but WWW™ is protected. Darlin', it doesn't stand for "Warm Water Wimp."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom