How do YOU hold your 2nd stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cummings66:
There is one thing that scares me however, he's an instructor and says that for the most part nobody but him knows how to hold it correctly.
If no one had set me straight, I'd still probably be clenching mine between my knees. Man... did proper technique ever improve my trim!

When donating, grab the hose with the hand right up against the second stage so as not to prevent access to the purge button yet retain control until the OOA takes control. Also make sure when the reg comes out of the mouth, point the mouthpiece down to prevent frefflow. As you approach the OOA diver, the wrist rotates up to get the mouth piece into proper orientation.

JohnnyH:
Okay - so I know it's a fairly limited question - but one that I feel is important nonetheless - and I have very rarely seen people do it correctly. When I conduct check-out dives for my job (and all Scientific Diver candidates are already certified divers), it's something I spend some time on as not one person was doing it correctly.

So rather than answering my own question, I'd like to see what other people have to say and why...

Thanks,
John

I too would like to know what the OP was really asking?

:popcorn:

TOM

ahah this thread is quite hilarious! 'matt unique:rofl3:

'They come with an accessory mouth piece and you can hold it in place with your teeth. It's a pain the as* if you're trying to have a snack underwater but otherwise a good idea and that's how I hold my 2nd stage.

--Matt'

i tend to keep mine in my mouth too lol

Im not sure which is more annoying, not clarifying his question or the "the only right way is my way" statement.

Sorry for the confusion - my questions pertains to how you grab the reg whenever you, well, grab your reg. (When you put it your mouth, when you take it out of your mouth, when you donate, ...) It is an action that is subconcious and probably never really thought about.

John

However it lands in my hand. Usualy cuped in my palm to cover the purge valve....Why would it matter how you grab it? Sounding kinda anal to me at this point.

I tend to use my right hand...unless it's my bungied-back-up...then I use my left.

As to your question...it depends on the situation, MSilvia answered it best.

So...what are we all doing wrong that has collectively allowed us thousands upon thousands of safe and successful dives?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom