How do YOU hold your 2nd stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I would post on this thread, but I would be afraid of getting frost bite........ouch

Relief please, he did say Happy Thanksgiving!

(John, Do I get a free class for this?)

matt_unique:
They come with an accessory mouth piece and you can hold it in place with your teeth. It's a pain the as* if you're trying to have a snack underwater but otherwise a good idea and that's how I hold my 2nd stage.

--Matt

If it is a pain in the :mooner:, then i might suggest that you are going about it all wrong. And I would hope I never need to share air with you. :rofl3:

CatalinaCanuck:
.Mind Control Specialty..:rofl3:

It's only a matter of time...

WesTexDiver:
The way I learned, and how we teach is by holding the hose. .
cover_dir.jpg
An example is the lower right of the front cover on Jarrod Jablonski's book.

CatalinaCanuck:
I never thought of this, I'll start practicing this immediatley. Maybe I could get a C-Card if I got really good at it....like....Mind Control Specialty..:rofl3:
I do believe that is called DIR.

I believe what the OP is trying to get across is that if you always grab the reg the same way (as you would to donate) it would become second nature. In that same thought process- you would have to move your hand every time to utilize the purge. Good idea, but not for me. Same reason I'm not DIR, it's not what I'm comfortable with.

For a little constructive criticizm- the people on here are really nice, until you try to talk down to them or treat them like noobs. Most have forgotten more about diving than I will ever know.

I actually thought this thread was entertaining. Poor guy tries to start a thread, new to SB and he gets his arse kicked. Granted he came out of the box swinging but he'll either learn or you won't see him again.
I think his idea was trying to get everyone to do it the same way everytime regardless if it was an OOA or just handling the reg.
I do have a little problem with all of this repetitive motion stuff, if you really think your going to "train" yourself to do these skills by repetitive motion you better be sitting on your couch at night practicing-and I mean every night.
I was always of the school that you better learn to handle things with a little more thought and less reaction.
I've said it before-- here it is-- If an OOA or reg problem or mask problem is a big emergency to you, you need more training. And when it comes to being the "donor" of an OOA, I don't have a problem, the OOA diver does, and if they're coming to me for a solution, they have a lot less to worry about then if they picked someone else for a donor.
Happy Turkey day everyone
Net Doc- you did a great job this year with SB- I hope EVERYONE appreciates your hard work as much as a lot of us already do.-M

Michael Schlink:
I've said it before-- here it is-- If an OOA or reg problem or mask problem is a big emergency to you, you need more training.

Good point. Too bad he bailed, it was starting to get good. I liked the mind control thing the most.

Anybody read his book?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom