how do you keep your mask from fogging up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smallminnow

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tricks to keep there mask from getting foggy. I have a scubapro clear vu II and I cant keep it clear ive tried several different defoggers and spit of course but i cant find anything to work. any advice would be appreciated. thanks

joey

Have you scrubbed it out with toothpaste since you got it? There's a coating that you need to use a mild abrasive on, or it will not stop fogging.

i have done that a couple of times now and maybe its the toothpaste i use. when i first got the mask the first dozen dives were awesome but then all of the sudden it went to hell and hasnt been good. ill give a different toothpaste a try.

smallminnow:
i have done that a couple of times now and maybe its the toothpaste i use. when i first got the mask the first dozen dives were awesome but then all of the sudden it went to hell and hasnt been good. ill give a different toothpaste a try.

You don't have any vision correction options installed, do you?

If so, sometimes they can be a problem...

If not that, what type of antifog are you using before you dive??

Paul in VT

i dont have corrective lenses, and i dont remember the names of the antifog but i have used a gel type and liquid

have found seagold to work the best for me

Do you put the gel/liquid on while the mask is still dry?

smallminnow:
Does anyone have any tricks to keep there mask from getting foggy. I have a scubapro clear vu II and I cant keep it clear ive tried several different defoggers and spit of course but i cant find anything to work. any advice would be appreciated. thanks
If a non-gel toothpaste doesn't take care of it, try thoroughly scrubbing your mask with rubbing alcohol. For normal defog I use a 50/50 mixture of isopropyl alcohol and baby shampoo,which does a really good job of cleaning off gunk such as the silicone grease I use to help seal around my moustache.

The alcohol took care of some stubborn fogging problems with my mask that I later figured out might have been caused by wiping it with some washcloths that had residue of fabric softener. Then again, it might have just been the phase of the moon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom