How do you purchase REQUIRED equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why would you buy a regulator to replace one that works well? I understand wanting a backup, but that's a totally different concept. I bought my working regulator in 1986. There aren't any better regulators.

Why would you buy a regulator to replace one that works well? I understand wanting a backup, but that's a totally different concept. I bought my working regulator in 1986. There aren't any better regulators.

I already have a decent reg. I used that as an example as I am easily distracted by the shiney new toy on the shelf that I simply must have. I should also mention that I have been married to a very specical woman for 24 years. (She has to be a saint to put up with me) And if not for her being the responsible person in the family, we would not be where we are today.

The thread was just meant as idle discussion on how you justify the latest shiney new toy. Some people are WAY more responsible than I am when it comes financial planning. I am not. I AM attracted to flashing lights and chrome and whirly gig things though. And I should point out that it has turned into almost a "game" when I want and must convince my wife why we NEED an underwater electric corkscrew with flashing lights.

Besides, aren't we supposed to have a backup reg in the boat in case our primary rig fails? That way we can still dive and the whole trip wont be a waste? After all the trip was 10K, whats another $500 to ensure the trip wasnt a bust. And my own gear is always safer than that rental stuff...

Walter is clearly far more disciplined than the rest of us.

Peter and I have both apparently developed the, "We have to buy this because it's so CHEAP" disease. Apparently we no longer have to justify a need for anything, as long as somebody's selling it at a sufficiently discounted price. How else can you explain that the two of us own FIVE canister lights?

How else can you explain that the two of us own FIVE canister lights?

See this is what I would call a problem...

2 People, 5 lights. You OBVIOUSLY NEED one more so you can each have the same amount!

TSandM,

You just need the canister lights to loan people when they dive with you.

btw, we want some too but the budget won't allow it right now.

Mike

Open a 'scuba' checking account at a bank your significant other doesn't know about, sell things on ebay and put the money into that account for scuba gear!

Works for me and she's none the wiser! :D

I do the same thing except thru paypal .. It's my versoin of money laundering.

Yes, I've taken to handing out canister lights like candy: "Come dive with me, little boy, and I'll lend you this light . . . " <insert evil chuckle here>

beg beg drag her unwillingly weekly to the LDS and beg some more. It always helps when the folks at the LDS talk to her about how much I need this ______

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom