How do you say No to diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jobs are overrated. Regarding your LSAT--worst case think of it as practice for next year's test :wink: Go diving!

Being relaxed before an exam is much better than being stressed. You should study like usual and let the diving decompress.

You put you're single as an excuse why sex wasn't an option to diving??????

Wait until you are married, then the options change.

How do I say no to diving? The wife does that for me :(

Is a couple of days of cramming going to make that big a difference in one's LSAT score? My understanding is no- it wouldn't make THAT much of a difference. One's state of mind, otoh... Relaxed and ready to go vs. full of pent-up tension from not diving... Well I'm definitely seeing how that could negatively impact ones test-taking abilities. Just mho!

I agree. When I was in college,... I did study, but I also looked at it that by that point, I either knew the material for the exam or I did not. Not a deficit to be made up in a few days. I agree with the others, being relaxed will help you focus better at the task at hand.

Live it up now, if/when you get into law school, dives maybe few and far between. A good friend of mine did law school and it took up nearly every bit of her waking time (and some of the sleeping bits!) for 3 years...

Diving is WAYYYYYYYY more important than an education.

Ok the consensus... dive, have sex, don't get married, relax, and dive some more lol

Thanks for the support guys. Going to get a couple more hours in tonight, do both dives tomorrow and try to squeeze in some study in between so I don't feel so guilty.

It is just weird, I never had to try so hard to succeed before. Even my 1st degree wasn't that bad. Sure it took time and work but I never doubted myself. But this LSAT is kicking my ass. Put that with being unemployed in a new city where the only people I know are dive buddies, and it seriously puts a girl in a downer mood. (Though I really love my diver friends! Except it would help if they weren't all 20-50 years older then me lol)

But I shall persevere. Nice to know I am not the only one that doesn't give up diving for trivial life matters :D

Excessive schooling is overated. The amount of debt you accrue far exceeds the earning benefit of an advanced degree. Go diving, good physical and mental health is much more important.

There is no way to fight this addiction so just give in and go diving! :) I wonder if the compressed air does something to our brains? Maybe the dive shops lace their air with crack or something, hehehe!

i hated studying, so i became a commercial diver and made more money than i could have if i studied.

Back
Top Bottom