How Do You Use ScubaBoard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Search, advanced search, or forums if I'm looking for something in particular.

Mostly 'Active Posts, Last X Days,' rather than 'New Posts,' since I probably didn't check them all the last time I logged on.

I usually use the "new posts" feature, however if I am in a hurry, I hit a few sections (BC's, Regs, and Questions for Manufacturers) and just look at what's new in there.

Scott

I used to use the excluded forums (James' Handy Guide), but switched to the subscribed forums + subforums. I had to "cheat" a bit to subscribe to some top-level forums that didn't present a "Subscribe" button, but it seems to work.

Occasionally, I'll look for a specific forum (like vacation planning) or look around for new forums.

Another hack is adjusting the "pp=25" on the search to 50 and then 100, so I look at threads 1-25, 26-50, 51-100, 101-200, 201-400, etc. (rarely does the thread list get over 200 with what I've got subscribed).

-Rob

I just randomly search and comment. It makes the workday go by that much quicker.

Rick Inman:
So, what is your own favorite method for reading posts on ScubaBoard?
Do you use the New Posts button?
Do you use a URL builder to custom cruse new posts?
Do you search your own name to followup threads you're posting in?
Maybe you just go to your favorite forums.
Search for subjects you care about?
Or, do you just randomly graze the board?

Tell us how you enjoy using ScubaBoard, or any tips you have for getting the most out of it.

I have autosubscribe turned on for theads I participate in.

When i log on I go to usercp and check out the subscriptions.

If I have more time I'll also go through the new posts and pick out out the ones with fewer than 5 replies. If it's not one of the regional clubs and I can contribute something that hasn't already been said then I'll often reply. That's how I found this thread.

I seldom start threads.

R..

Power surfing the new posts & threads, my browser is set to open new tabs in the background so I can blaze down a page opening the threads I'm interested in, when I get a page's worth of threads open I hit the next page & jump to the 1st open thread, allowing the next page to open in the background. Zero time lost waiting for pages or threads to open.
You need a Mozilla-based browser for that to work though, get Firefox for the folks that aren't already using it.

after i read my hate PM's (which sometimes takes half an hour), i then check
on my User CP posts to see what old flame wars are still going on, then move on to
the New Posts section to see what new flame wars are going on.

:eyebrow:

Walter:

Ditto, but I also tend to check up on threads I have posted in by searching for my name. I also sometimes have a look at what some of my favourite posters are up to (names are removed to protect the innocent....and guilty!)

I also tend to do searches on topics that interest me at the time.

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom