How Do You Use ScubaBoard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hyper-limits:
I find the way for myself is to go to the new posts. After that I will check my Favorite forums just in case I missed any interesting or new.
Ditto.

That is how i browse SB - as for how do i use SB, in a theraputic way, nice quick break from work, to see what others say/think on certain subjects to get a feel for where i need to do a little more research and of course to organise dive trips if i have a spare weekend.

The first thing I do is check out the New Posts. Then if I have more time, I check out some of my favorite forums. If I'm *really* bored (i.e. at work) I'll start doing searches for things like dive spots that I've visited, or for equipment I've been thinking of purchasing, etc.

I start with active topics because with my time difference, usually a lot has gone on and left from new posts.

If I’m spending time reading or looking for something I go to new posts for a break and begin at the last available page and work back to the front.

If I want to be distracted by what I’m at the computer for I check my subscription e-mails. I find them really helpful to follow threads of interest.

When I have time I do go look at a forum or do a search. I’m not good at getting very specific search results, or at least have to do a lot of reading to find something pertaining to what I’m looking for.

If I really want to avoid something I should be doing I try to get better at searching.

The links other people add to their posts have been great additional resources, for the most part I haven’t found on my own and I really appreciate sharing them. I bookmark them on my ‘home’ web browser.

simbrooks:
Ditto.

That is how i browse SB - as for how do i use SB, in a theraputic way, nice quick break from work, to see what others say/think on certain subjects to get a feel for where i need to do a little more research and of course to organise dive trips if i have a spare weekend.

Ditto the Ditto, it doesn't take much time to find some good info on diving or a fun thread to join.

Back
Top Bottom