How does D70 compare to D80?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ulrikakroon

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know these are old cameras, but i recently "lost" my D80 with Aquatica housing and have to buy a new setup. As I am not made of money I am looking for second hand and came across the D70 with a Hugyfot case.

The D70 is the old version of the D80, right? I know there is less megapixels (how big can i blow up photos with 6.x megapixels by the way?) but what else is less good?

Thanks for all advice. if I could chose I would get a second hand D300 but can't find one anywhere I live ;-)

Your camera insurance should cover a replacement.

Thanks for your replies, but me question was "How does the D70 compare to the D80?". Anyone?

The D70 has less resolution (6mp v 10mp on the D80), a previous generation sensor which is has a lot more noise at high ISO, has a much lower resolution and smaller LCD, if I recall correctly it has fewer AF sensor focus points.

The D70 has a much higher flash sync speed.

Another difference is the price, the D70's run used about $300 and the D80's run $150 or so more, used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom