How great is the risk (in your perception)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm curious on what sort of dive would you recommend to a student that they not carry all of their own bailout. What sort of exposures do you guys start considering this strategy?

To me, it doesn't make any sense because I've done some decently big dives and haven't run into a situation like this yet. To my knowledge, the guys over in Tampa doing huge dives aren't doing this either.

At a minimum, wouldn't you prefer to dive over safeties to giving some of your required gas to someone who could run off with it?

Sums it up pretty well, pete.
Nobody likes to be trolled, even by you. You've shown yourself incapable of understanding the written English with me. Why would he think you could make the next step in understanding? No, you shut this down with your "I have to be right at all costs" mentality. Good job.

Nobody likes to be trolled, even by you. You've shown yourself incapable of understanding the written English with me. Why would he think you could make the next step in understanding? No, you shut this down with your "I have to be right at all costs" mentality. Good job.

But...what if he IS right? Eek

Pete, you lack the courage to call out poor diving practices. You've shown this time and time again.

You're so concerned with kumbaya and not hurting feefees that you refuse to admit that there are divers being taught unsafe techniques.

But...what if he IS right? Eek
They both are right. Jim knows how to use it safely and AJ does not. End of story. Jim doesn't need to waste his time on someone who has demonstrated that all they want to do here is troll. Would you?

They both are right. Jim knows how to use it safely and AJ does not. End of story. Jim doesn't need to waste his time on someone who has demonstrated that all they want to do here is troll. Would you?

They can't be both right if aj is saying team bailout brings more risk than taking all your gas and keeping it with you and Jim is saying the opposite. Ya dig?

I wish users of team bailout would just say "yea ts more risky but it makes the diving easier" instead of pretending it's safe practice. I could get down with that.

Granted, it's easier for me to carry the gas on my back than it is for most ccr users, but KUR manages ok

Pete, you lack the courage to call out poor diving practices.
Keep attacking me. It shows you're more interested in proving you're right, not in learning. I'm not interested in wasting time in such a dialog. Time to use "ignore" for you. Bye.

Keep attacking me. It shows you're more interested in proving you're right, not in learning. I'm not interested in wasting time in such a dialog. Time to use "ignore" for you. Bye.
lol you've been on the attack here since the first time you quoted me in this thread.

Safe space for pete.

I take a little bit of issue with diving instructors just turning their brain off in a discussion about unsafe diving practice because they don't like the person arguing with them.

Hopefully you consider what he said, and the experience behind it (many many hours of deep rebreather diving and multiple recoveries of rebreather divers who goofed).

It's not like Ratio Deco where the danger is demonstrable and quantified.

Must I ask you for a reference study so I can point at it's conclusion section and word-for-word quote it to show that your statement is wrong?

Back
Top Bottom