How long have u been diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was just curious as to how long everyone has been diving and what type of experience everyone has? I've been diving for 19 yrs. now and have always followed the industry. How many of you guys have 20 or 30 plus yrs. I'm sure it's a bunch. Any 40+ yrs. divers on board?

13 years this coming Nov.

Rich :eek:ut:

I got my c-card in 1999, a millenium ago! But I dive often & hope that in 37 years, I will still be diving.

Mostly I dive in "cold" salt water (57-65F), rocky & sandy beach and, to a lesser degree, by boat.

I was introduced to scuba 100+ years ago in a pool at some hotel or other but hadn't the time or money to get involved until about 7 years ago when I was vacationing in Hawaii. I did several shore dives of the beach on Maui that year and when I returned the next year, got my C-card. Since neither my wife nor daughter dive, Getting wet was a problem. About 2 years ago, I started spending long weekends in the Carribean any am now up to 80+ logged dives most in the last 2 years. By November, I hope to pass the 100 milestone as I have trips to Anguilla and Belieze planned.:)

Unable to remember year of my first dive but I think I'm at about 35 years (ugh).

Tom

I was certified in 1988, way too late in my opinion. So, 14 years now.

Had my first dive circa 1962; certified 1971 (couldn't get air without a "C" card anymore...)
But my diving was pretty spotty until the late 80's.
Started a logbook in '90.
Rick

That's amazing. Some of you guys have been in for the LONG HAUL. I'll have 20 yrs. in next yr. Thinking about going to Palau to celebrate it right.

Back
Top Bottom