How long it takes to recieve PADI card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeff_ca

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm planning my vacation trip to southeast Asia. I'm going to Thailand first to take OW and AOW course. Right after I got certified, I'd like to fly down to Sipadan to have more fun diving or taking more courses. However the problem is it would take a couple of weeks to recieve PADI card after got certified. how can I make Sipadan scuba center believe I alreday got certified in Thailand, but just not recieve PADI card yet?

Last couple of cards came within 10 day's(PADI Europe)
You'll get a temp.card
so no problem,just bring it along

I'm planning my vacation trip to southeast Asia. I'm going to Thailand first to take OW and AOW course. Right after I got certified, I'd like to fly down to Sipadan to have more fun diving or taking more courses. However the problem is it would take a couple of weeks to recieve PADI card after got certified. how can I make Sipadan scuba center believe I alreday got certified in Thailand, but just not recieve PADI card yet?

When you are certified, the instructor should sign your log book (in the training section and the dive log section).

Your Instructor should also process a PIC. If he does this online, he will take an electronic picture of you, process the PIC and hand you a temporary card with your picture on it. Generally, cards will be delivered to your home address within 2 to 4 weeks. If your instructor uses a paper PIC, he will need a passport sized photo (you may want to have that with you). When using a Paper PIC, there is a temporary card attached to it, that he will tear off and give to you. Honestly, when getting certified in a far off country from your home country, I have heard it takes time to get the card. Some tips that might help:

1. Make sure he has the card "sent to student" not to the shop.
2. There is a pre-registration option. If you know the shop you are working with, email the instructor and see if he can pre-register you for certification. Send him an electronic picture. If there are several weeks between now and your visit, then the cards may be waiting for you.
3. If he is mailing the PIC, offer to take it to the post office for the instructor; that way you know it gets mailed. I have seen some people actually take the PIC home with them and mail it from the states.

In any case, a temporary card and your log book should be proof enough when traveling in Sipadan.

Don't rush through your training. Divers seldom absorb much if they don't take time to hone the skills they learn at each interval. Diving is fun, don't forget to fun dive. Being a perpetual student has its advantages, but there is something about floating through the water, freely, without the ties of a curriculum.

Good luck, have fun, be safe!

///

As stated above, you will be issued a temporary card when you successfully complete the course. This, along with your logbook showing all your training with signatures and maybe one other form of ID (Driver's License/Passport) should be all you need, especially at another PADI facility. Enjoy your trip.
Safe Diving,
George
PADI MSDT

Don't sweat it.
I know of no dive shop that doesn't have internet access.
Your quals can be accessed through PADI's website.
It you want to, you can even pull up and view your card yourself by providing the correct personal information, i.e, address, date of birth, etc
I had SDA access my info on PADI's website when they needed to verify I was certified before taking an online nitrox course.

That sounds great, Thanks!

However the problem is it would take a couple of weeks to recieve PADI card after got certified. how can I make Sipadan scuba center believe I alreday got certified in Thailand, but just not recieve PADI card yet?

Well, I originally got certified 10 years ago and have yet to receive my card. :D I keep telling myself it's going to come any day now....:blinking: I wouldn't worry though, I think I was just an anomaly. Had my temp card and continued my education anyway. You'll be fine!

And, oh yeah - You're gunna be spoiled for life with those two locations as your first!!!!

You lucky dog, enjoy two of the best locations there are!

Get your temporary PIC (Positive Identification Card, or Certification card), and with photo ID you should never have a problem. The temp should be good for 90 days, which is plenty of time to even handle any mix ups as long as your instructor signs off as suggested above.

Back
Top Bottom