How many military/ex-military people on the board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

US Navy Submarines as an Electronics Technician (Nuclear-Field type). I got out on a hardship. The years of service were between 1987-1992 and I did most of my sea time out of Groton, CT.

diverbrian:
US Navy Submarines as an Electronics Technician (Nuclear-Field type). I got out on a hardship. The years of service were between 1987-1992 and I did most of my sea time out of Groton, CT.

Heh, I'm color blind. For some reason they wouldn't let me into electronics or EOD...

Army National Guard. 29S COMSEC repair.

Hey diverbrian, you may have known my brother Jim. He's was on the Pittsburgh, 688-class, but spent a few years in Groton. I think he was a nuke instructor.

bketchel:
Army National Guard. 29S COMSEC repair.

Hey diverbrian, you may have known my brother Jim. He's was on the Pittsburgh, 688-class, but spent a few years in Groton. I think he was a nuke instructor.

I wouldn't know without knowing where he instructed precisely. But I served my last couple of years on Pittsburgh's sister ship (the Providence). Actually those where a second flight 688-class.

I ran into someone who served on the boat one hull number up from my first boat as well (that was a decomissioning job).

diverbrian

We served in Groton at the same time. I was there from Feb. 87 till Dec. 89 All on the Shark SSN-591. We were usually tied up at the first or second pier. I seem to remember the Providence. Dont remember anyone off her though.

Swedish AT-infantry squad leader. (reserves now)

USMC here... I did my first 2yrs as a Door Gunner on the USS Nautilus (SSN 571)
, but I've just lat moved over to be an Inflight Missile Repair Technician...

8531... You know what it is if you need to.

Retired South African Special Forces support personnel
1 Reconnaissance Regiment (Special Forces school), Durban, South Africa - 1988/1989
Member: South African Special Forces League

See our website at: www.recce.co.za

regards
Dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom