How Many NDL fun dives do you do per day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozziworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was curious after reading another thread about being tired after diving. I for one am not in good shape at all and do not excercise regularly. I am 44 years old and usually do three dives per day trip because my buddies usually stop at three. However given the opportunity, I would go four or even five easily. This is mostly warm water, no wet suit diving so I know it is different in more demanding conditions.

When I was in my twenties and living in California, my log book shows some days on a live aboard when I managed ten dives per day including night dives. The group of divers I dove with in California were real dive monsters I guess. After moving to the Philippines I found most divers here so relaxed. I remember the diving in California being more strenous because of the colder water and thicker wetsuits.

Anyway, I was wondering how much diving others are doing on their typical days out diving before they call it quits for the day. I find its a lot of effort to get out so I try to make the most of each day diving.

Three dives in 50 degree water is all I can do, and not something I want to do very often. Two is enough, and I'm often satisfied with one. But I live thirty minutes from several dives sites, so I don't have to make the most of every trip to the water.

I've done four cave dives a day for days on end in Mexico, but I get physically tired doing that.

2 max, prefer one.

If I am in a destination or environment where I can rack up dives (like Bonaire) I'll do 8-9 recreational dives per day. Long cave dives, 2-3 per day. Offshore technical dives or deep fresh water dives with a lot of deco, usually one per day.

I dive warm water too and usually don't have to wear a wetsuit. I can comfortably dive 4-5 times, but wish I could dive more. I don't get very tired, although my dive buddy does and he tends to get cold fast after a dive or two.

Two to 3 dives per day in tropical waters for me.
My buddy (wife) gets physically tired and won't go, or will openly oppose going for the fourth dive on.

Not enough. I'm usually limited by available time and available tanks. I'm down to 4 tanks now (curse you, Luxfer, for you stupid alloy) When I take the boat to Catalina (10 days and counting) it's 2 - 3 dives per day; depending if my GF does 1 or 2.

On shore dives it's max 1 if the waves knock me on my face. Two if I make it out of the water OK on the first dive.

Off the boats in the Channel Islands, it's 4 or 5.

In the Carribean I do as many as I can, the max was 6 in one day.

depends,
After work evening/nightdive just one
Weekend dive 1 or 2
Holyday dive 2,3 or 4
working on curacao we did 5 or 6

Back
Top Bottom