How many on this board use or have used OMS equipment ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yup. their SPG (with the PSI/bar marking)

oh yeah, and their watch too (it's seiko, i think). birthday present from my wife :D.

Planning on buying a tank from them (fresh water diver). What is complaint with their valves? I like the idea that they are easily changed between DIN and K.

50# SMB - goes with me on every dive.
90# SMB - works as advertised, but not the answer for me.

Edited to add:

Several SPG's
A couple pairs of DIN/K H valves

I'll probably think of some more, it seems the stuff I have from them is mostly "little" pieces of gear that have always performed well. Sometimes so well that they get forgotten about.

Steven

I am happy with the OMS IQ Paq + 100 lb single bungied bladder + OMS SS Plate. I still don't know what the fuss is about bungied wings (I don't wreck dive..)

OMS STA from awhile ago - no complaints.

No plans for further OMS gear, though.

I like OMS gear, but i have had mixed experiences with their service. when they get around to the service it is incredable.

gear i have......everything i guess
1 - 100# bladder
6 - SPGs
2 - bottom timers
2 - VR3s
1 - mask
2 - 112 cu/ft tanks with manifold etc
1 - reg
1 - Helium analizer
1 - O2 analizer
a bunch of pouches and crap as well.

I realize that a lot of there stuff is made by others and they are just the distributers, but i have bought this stuff through them.

I like dive rite reals and lights better, so i have those.
backplate i have a custom one.

SERVICE ISSUES:
When you order something from them you had better be prepaired to wait for it for some time, lots of their stuff gets back ordered.

REPAIRS;
I sent in one of my VR3s and it took four months to get it back...but because of the delay they upgraded it to the new version, to closed circuit

I sent a reg to my dive shop to get serviced after flooding and after the parts were pack ordered a month they autorized the LDS to give me a brand new OMS reg.

So there sales and service are very slow, but when they do get to you they have always looked after me very well.

I have the following OMS gear
65# wing non-banded
No sag, weight integrated pockets
STA
Shoulder pads

The only complaint that I have is that the no sag weight pockets do sag. Quite a bit actually. They slide around on my waist belt and when I am at the proper attitude in the water, they slide to the front of my waist belt and smash together. Sagging all the while creating excess drag. I have an order in for the Halcyon ACB+ weight system that I'm sure I'll be much happier with.
My buddy just got one of their aluminum BP. The only thing I see wrong with it is it only has a space for a one inch crotch strap. So he had to take it to a friend to machine out a half inch on either side. An inch of webbing makes a big difference in a sensitive area. BTW he assembled his own harness, eliminating the plastic failure points that they so love to install.

As far as the service department goes, yes they are slow. Keep in mind that there are only five (maybe six) people that run that company. My reg bag has been on back order since the middle of December.

Here is the OMS gear that I have:

1.) BC118R - 100# Dual Bladder
2.) IQ Harness System, EDS, no sag pocket
3.) Stainless Steel BP
4.) Aluminum BP
5.) Dual C108 Tanks, bands, manifold, remote valve knob
6.) 51 CF Tank, stage bands
7.) VR3
8.) Deco Regulator R238
9.) Reel RL229
10.) SPG
11.) SMB & lift bag
12.) Cutting tools

I got most of it when I first began technical diving. I haven't encountered any problems with any of the equipment; it all works well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom