How often do you dive(teen divers online)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im 14, got certifeid 10 months ago in puget sound. I now have aabout 35 dives, I want 50 by june gut ints not gonna happen. Im padi OW and AOW, I hate the dam* age limit on the courses, want to take nitrox. Dive in puget sound, went to canada one 40 degree F water temps (i couldn't use my hands after each dive)

Hi Josh, I maybe a AOW cert holder, but i aint no advanced diver. About the agency, i get the cert and training from them, but i get my experience from other sources.Like most people on this board say, it's the instructors not the agency I do take my safety very seriously, i dont dive deeper than planned. I m always at the tail end of the grp when i dive.I dive with a spareair and a dive alert. So what if i only have less than 50 dives,does that make me a lousy diver? i aint perfect , i m also a newbie to diving. It's circumstances that i cant get more dives in. Just because i'm young means that i m dangerous?
I saw your profile, and noted that you have dived in quarries and ponds...no offense here, but the water conditions that i have dived in is very much different to what you dived in. I have dived in waters that are barely visible with currents and in open ocean.This is not boasting but just the plain facts.
Hope you will know that not all young divers are dangerous.
Darren

Thanks Kim, I was going to send you a message about it yesterday, and then I forgot!!!

As far as diving for me goes... I usually get out a couple times a week. I'm a rescue diver, so we train once a week at least, and I can get to the water by driving five minutes in almost any direction, so there is always a place to go. In fact, I've been dicing for five years and NEVER done the tropical warm water thing. Looking to do that this summer, but we'll see!!

Have fun, and safe diving!
K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom