How old can u scuba dive to?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About five minutes after they stop breathing on the average! Then it's a recovery and they won't let them go back in!
yer sic!
I hope we get a chance to dive

Thanks, the reason I ask is because I am 41 and considering getting certified. I just want to know how many good years I got left in me.:)

There all behind you, suicide is painless, it brings on many changes! :wink:

I got certified at 55. Now I'm 56 with over 100 dives to Bahamas, Roatan (twice) Tahiti, Fiji, Hawaii, Red Sea, Great barrier reef, & Belize. You're only 41. Good grief, a veritable youth. Get going! Times a wasting!

Geeez, It's 20 years before you even qualify as Grumpy Old Diver!!! My Dad dove with me into his 80's.

I'll let you know when I get there...

Cinematographer/photographer Leni Riefenstahl was scuba diving and taking photos underwater at 100.

Don't forget,she was well into her 70's when she started scuba.:D

Thanks, the reason I ask is because I am 41 and considering getting certified. I just want to know how many good years I got left in me.:)

You've only got 30 days left so hurry up and get going. :D There is no limit as long as you can keep breathing.

Gary D.

It never even occurred to me to wonder whether I might be too old for it to be worth getting certified when I did so at 46. If I'd thought about it, it would have been along the lines of - good, I haven't yet wasted half of my life not being able to dive.

I had a student aged 92 once. He cancelled at the last minute because he'd decided to go on a 2-day solo sea kayak to the neighbouring island (20 miles each way).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom