How old do you plan to dive til?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on a boat in Cozumel and lady stated she was going to dive until she was 90. I found out later she was 89. She only did the first dive of two and took a cab back to town.
Wow! 89!? I am celebrating my 30th diving anniversary this year and I am 57. If I can make it to 89 I am not even halfway done. That's awesome!

Till I become a danger to my self or others, then solo diving, with the specific instructions if I don't come home don't go looking, let the fish have their feast.

I met two lady's in Palau in 1981. One was 91, the other 93. Both did all three dives off our panga that day. After Palau they were traveling to Australia to dive. They had recently been diving the wrecks of Scapa Flow in Scotland. I'd like to think they are still out there traveling and diving. 😎👀

For me, I'll stop diving when they pry my speargun from my cold dead hands. 😎
Those ladies btw are the definition of rock n roll, scapa wasn’t overly dived in 1981 but I know folks that did, apparently it was truly amazing, not that it’s not still impressive now. Just wow,
PS I have done a 95m dive with an 80yr old that was rockin a JJ and that was off Southern Ireland 2yrs ago so not an easy dive,

I'm 76 and also wondering how long I can keep diving. My last two dives were on 4 Feb this year. Did two wreck dives on the Waikato war ship on 32% nitrox. Max depth 30.3M (99 feet). Cold water with a one knot current at the surface.

Dive partner was an insta buddy who we figured out later had performed surgery on my wife three years earlier and told her to stop diving at age 72 due to the weights causing problems.

Until it's either not safe or just too much work. I turn 70 in April, and have gradually decreased the number
of shore sites I do, based on some being difficult entries, etc. The work involved putting on & off all that we need here in Nova Scotia is a pain (well, it was when I started at 51 also). I haven't dived since Oct. due to a bad arm. Also, I was planning to dive less often in the winter this year anyway (I dive wet all year). I did my 1,000th dive this past Labour Day, so no more "numbers" to strive for (I WON'T reach 2,000......).

I met two lady's in Palau in 1981. One was 91, the other 93. Both did all three dives off our panga that day. After Palau they were traveling to Australia to dive. They had recently been diving the wrecks of Scapa Flow in Scotland. I'd like to think they are still out there traveling and diving. 😎👀

For me, I'll stop diving when they pry my speargun from my cold dead hands. 😎
GOALS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom