How old were you when you started diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

46, but my daughter did a discover scuba at 9. She's waiting for 10 to be able to do jr certification.

I'm just getting certified now, I'm 43, husband is 53. We've been snorkelers since we were kids, for some reason diving didn't occur to us until we had to pay a diver once to clear an entanglement around the prop of our sailboat.

I earned my Jr OW at 14 back in '86. My second oldest turned 10 back in Sept and is patiently waiting to earn his Jr OW this summer:D

I was 37. I always wanted to dive but the doctor's said I would never be able to dive or fly. I finally decided to see if there was a surgery I could have to be able to dive. When i was checked by a ENT he cleared me to dive. He said that my injured had childhood ear injured had healed and that i could dive. I wish it had been in my 20s but i am grateful that i can finally dive and am trying to make up for lost time. Now if i just had the money to dive more

Got certified at 24 (a year and a half ago)....wish I had started earlier so I could have been enjoying diving that much longer, but I know I wouldn't have been able to afford it (heh, can barely afford it now!!).

Certified at 17, still can't believe how fun it is after a long, long time.

41 here.

I think you'll find that those that started younger tend to be from places where diving is more cultural (FL, coastal areas, etc) or where family members are divers.

Many of us that start later it's because it's not something anyone we know does. Of all the people I know that I didn't meet through diving, only 1 couple dives.

How'd you get killed at 25? Just curious :D

yeah, probably could have worded that better, but you get the idea.

I did alot of crazy crap when i was a kid, like solo air dives to 200+ ft with an AL80 and no bailout bottle. I eventually realized after a coulpe of close calls that fish arent worth dying for. If only some of my aquaintances would have realized the same thing, maybe they'd still be around.

I was about 8 years old, when i was first sitting at my pool bottom with an AL 30, or 40 and having a ball, since I got offically "certified" when i was 10 years old...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom