How tight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not just get a drysuit? Comfortable from any temp 80- sup freezing, just depends on the undergarment. Some of the less expensive brands like Whites are int the $1,000 range.
Sounds like your new suit is really a bit too tight, even for something made to fit tight.

Why not just get a drysuit? Comfortable from any temp 80- sup freezing, just depends on the undergarment. Some of the less expensive brands like Whites are int the $1,000 range.
Sounds like your new suit is really a bit too tight, even for something made to fit tight.

Because a drysuit is total overkill for me! I live in Australia and dive almost exclusively in the tropics. I'm even questioning the need for a 6.5mm suit which to be honest is more or less for a once off trip to Cocos Island. I'm a wuss, I like warm water :D

Some will tell you that dry is the way to go in the tropics so I would not write dry or semi-dry off for your cooler water activities.

I dive my drysuit in Egypt until the water and air temps are about 28C. It's great in the water but it can get dangerously hot on the surface if you're not careful.

R..

I can relate to the difficulties getting into a semi dry. I bought a Xcel full body lycra suit - not a good look for a 5'-6" rotund man - that makes getting in and out of wetsuits a breeze. Give it a shot.

I am between the Large and X-large on this suit. The issue I am having is that the neck seal for me is extremely tight (choking) on the large and rather tight on the XL. Wrist seals are better on the Large for me but not to bad on the XL. I am leaning towards the XL because I do not believe that the neck seal will loosen up enough. Any insight on this from anyone?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom