How To Choose A PADI IDC ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MooreaMike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm leaning toward Bali or one closer to home in N America. Any input welcome.

Adding a "Me to".

I'd like to find a decent package deal somewhere that has some nice beginner level dives my wife could do while I go through the course.

We have monthly IDC's in Utila in the Caribbean Bay Islands. Also packages in the hotel and can offer entry level certifications and fun dives. PM me for specifics or feel free to check our websites.

Some more places down Honduras way where you can do your IDC, Roatan is served by an International Airport, Utila not so.

All PADI Course Directors are trained to the same standard and prohibited from straying from the IDC material, therefore, the same high standard is maintained where ever you go.

There are different ratings for Course Directors (Platinum, Gold & Silver) this is solely based on the number of "professional level" and con-ed certifications they issue in a year.

Roatan IDC - PADI Course Director Peter Wilcox and Barefoot Dive Pro Honduras

PADI Pro Training Roatan

Subway Watersports Roatan

TGI Diving - West Bay Roatan

Deep Blue IDC Utila - About Us

IDC-Utila.com|PADI IDC|Divemaster & Instructor courses|Utila|Bay Islands College of Diving - Home

I was also seriously considering the IDC (Platinum) on Bali, can't recall the name of it right now. There are several in Thailand and other pacific locations. I would also consider other areas of Indonesia and PNG.

G'day mate,

My name is Carl Fallon and I am of the PADI Course Directors here at Abyss Scuba Diving in Sydney... We are the only PADI Career Development Centre here and run IDC's, Internships and loads more all throughout the year.

If you are keen to get out of America and experience Australia like a local, check us out. We will show you a fantastic time... You will love it!

PADI IDC - PADI Instructor Course - Sydney Australia - Abyss Scuba Diving

If you need any more info just ask. :wink:

Hi Guys,

Here at Blue Season Bali we pride ourselves on the quality of our PADI Instructor Development Course that we offer. A quality that has been recognized by PADI with the PADI Asia Pacific Commitment to Instructor Development Award 2010. We are currently one of only 2 PADI Career Development Centers in Bali and the only one who conducts full IDC programs every month.

Our PADI IDC has completely changed for 2010. We are breaking with traditional high-priced PADI IDC packages and and leaving them in the dust by packing in valuable components not currently offered anywhere else. We do this to support our company mission of offering complete, high-quality professional training at affordable prices. Our one-month PADI IDC package is truly one of a kind world-wide. Here's why:

By standards, a PADI IDC can be conducted in as little as seven days. Not here. There is so much valuable information stored in the heads of our senior PADI Instructor Development staff that we have developed exclusive workshops and seminars to get that information to you easily and effectively. To do this, we invite you to come and spend a month with us in Bali learning how to be a PADI instructor- in the real world, not just in the classroom. In the interest of quality, space is limited on these programs, so we do require that you book and pay in advance to reserve your place.

Our custom-written workshops and seminars include:
# Website builder. You will get your own website and domain - on us!
# How to organize Project AWARE events
# CV workshop to help you market yourself effectively
# Compressor use
# Equipment maintenance
# Our two-day IDC Preparation Course
# Diving workshops:

* Intro to Tec diving
* Finning techniques for professionals
* Control
* Ascents / Descents
* CESA
* Standards

As with all courses, you will be need to give 100% commitment to get the most out of your training. You will be with others like you who are also working to become PADI Instructors. Working as a team is necessary and will give you much greater success. Our award-winning Course Directors will be with you throughout the course to ensure that you have the best possible start as an Instructor.

The actual PADI IDC is conducted over 10 days and is a really enjoyable experience for all involved. Our Instructor Development Team will be there to assist you with any problems and to guide you effectively through the journey to becoming a PADI Instructor. Our 100% success rate during the PADI IE in Bali gives you confidence that we can help you along the way.

Prior to the start of the PADI IDC Bali, Blue Season Bali conducts our two day Instructor Preparation Course. These two days are focused on getting you up to the level necessary to begin the IDC. All of our IDC Bali candidates are welcome to join us before the IPC and IDC starts in order to gain more experience. With the preparation course we primarily focus on the following:

Confined water skill demonstrations workshop - you will practice skill demonstrations and develop your abilities to effectively show students how to perform the basic scuba diving skills.
Dive theory - you will be given dive theory exams to complete along with IDC staff elaborations for any materials that candidates need to work on.
PADI Standards and Procedures - you will work on how to effectively use the PADI Instructor manuals including how to find and use PADI standards and procedures.

BALI IDC PADI Instructor Course (AI & OWSI)

Once we have completed the preparation course we will then begin the ten days of Instructor Development with Indonesia's top instructor development team.

The PADI IDC not only prepares you to pass the PADI IE, it also prepares you to become a professional dive instructor that can work effectively in the dive industry.

During the course, the modules that are covered are as follows:

* Course Orientation
* Dive Industry Overview
* General Standards and Procedures
* The Role of Media and Prescriptive Teaching
* Legal Responsibility and Risk Management
* PADI Scuba Diver and Open Water Diver Course
* Teaching Children
* The PADI Continuing Education Philosophy
* Business Principles for the Dive Instructor
* Adventures in Diving Program
* Specialty Diver Courses and Master Scuba Diver Program
* Rescue Diver Course
* Divemaster Course
* Diver Retention Programs
* How to Teach the RDP (Instructors from recreational diver training organizations other than PADI must complete.)

We also add in a number of other special items such as the Duty of Care workshop and the Business of Diving workshop. For those candidates choosing this one-month package you will also receive the PADI Emergency First Response Instructor Course and five Specialty Instructor Courses: Wreck, Deep, Nitrox, Drift and Emergency Oxygen Provider. These are among the most popular PADI specialty courses and will help you jump start your scuba diving career. This training in beautiful Bali is priced at only USD 1950, including lunches and twin-share accommodation.

During the PADI IDC in Bali we provide you with best possible environment in which to learn. Our IDC classroom, swimming pool and your accommodation are all in one central location. This enables you to spend more time in the water and less time travelling.

Please note: these fantastic extras are included in your PADI IDC package only if you book and pay in advance. It's that easy.
IDC BALIPADI Instructor Evaluation - IE

Once you complete your PADI IDC program, you may attend the PADI IE here in Bali. This is where you can show the PADI examiner that you are ready to be a PADI Instructor. No one will teach you, no one will guide you. It is all up to you now. But you should not be worried as the experience will not be new to you as you will have already successfully completed many confined water, open water and knowledge development presentations.

During the PADI IE, you will have to successfully complete the following:

* Dive theory and Standards exams.
* Knowledge development presentation
* Confined water presentation - one skill
* Open Water presentation - two skills combined
* Skills demonstration circuit
* Rescue assessment

After completing the PADI IE, the only thing left to do is celebrate! You are now a PADI Instructor!

Why not take a look at our PADI Specialty Instructor Courses or contact us now to start your new life as a PADI Instructor?

Don't have a month?

Don't worry, we have still scheduled the "PADI IDC only" component of this program to run over 12 days, right before the PADI IE. This includes IDC Prep, the PADI IDC, BSB Mock IE, airport pickup, and lunches during your IDC. This PADI IDC also includes logistical support on your PADI IE. The price for this "IDC Only" is USD 1200.

Want more?

Blue Season Bali offers an intensive three-month PADI Instructor Internship. You will be working side-by-side with our experienced instructional staff to gain experience and learn how to effectively conduct PADI courses. This internship includes the one-month program above with time before learning new diving skills and taking five specialty courses to earn your PADI Master Scuba Diver rating and also tim after your IDC to gain teaching experience as a PADI Instructor.

I hope this information really helps you guys make a decision.

For anymore information please have a look at our website at Home: PADI IDC BALI | Divemaster | Instructor or email us at jonathan@baliocean.com

BLUE SEASON BALI

Hello Mike,

I've just completed my IDC with Platinum Course Director, Mr SF Chong in Bali Indonesia. The experience was simply amazing and I still miss it now. So much laughter, so much jokes and so much fun. You should check Chong out. He is a real legend! You can cross reference some other comments of him here.

I bet with you by the end of your IDC, you will not even realise that you've just been through a course and because of my course director Chong, IE is made so easy. In fact, he even trained course directors from other CDC center in Bali!

So much about this man, you just got to check him out yourself! You can learn more about Chong here.

Good luck in making the right choice Mike!

You should have a close look at the Bay Islands Honduras. Much closer to N America and with many IDC opportunities. We a have an IE EVERY month giving excellent flexibility and with calm clear conditions all year.

If you need any more information feel free to contact me.

Regards

Will

I'm leaning toward Bali or one closer to home in N America. Any input welcome.

Where do you plan on being able to use your new instructor certification?
If it is at the local dive shop then talk to them before doing anything.It would be a good idea to earn your dm rating at the local store if you plan on assisting there and eventually doing your IDC there or through them ..
Getting the IDC done overseas can be done ,but will the LDS put you on their schedule for classes?? Surely it is more likely that they will give a chance for classes to someone they trained before they accept an unknown.
If you plan on being totally independent then what I wrote is totally unnecessary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom