How to find value of old gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have two, seldom (never?) used ScubaPro BC's (the "stab" jackets?) that my Dad bought just before a heart attack made him stop diving (about 1983).

Can any of you advise me as to where I can find an approximate dollar value for them? I'm thinking about putting at least one of them up for sale or trade.

I doubt they have significant value. I would run them on ebay and hope for luck. They are not vintage, they are just old gear. N

the age and condition of the equipment will determine it's value. BC's don't usually bring much because of problems with age (expected life of a BC is 5 to 7 years) and there are a lot of new cheap (under $200) BC's on the internet. I recently purchased a very good Scubapro Classic BC (used for 2 years) for $50 off ebay. It's in like new condition because the owner took really good care of it but he needed a larger size so he sold his old one. You might get $25 if lucky you never know. Start the bidding at $1 and put a "BUY ME NOW" price of $30 ....... good luck .... PS ... check out the BC and list or show any imperfections ... you don't want to sell something that might have a problem and get someone hurt durning a dive ..............

Have you checked if they still hold air? We had a SP jacket about 15 years old lying around unused for some years, and it didn't. It wasn't the inflator or anyplace place in particular I could tell.

Back
Top Bottom