How to illuminate wrist computer during night dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently did a night dive with my Suunto Gekko on my right forearm, and my main light in my left hand, with a lanyard around my wrist. The Gekko has no light, so to see it you have to use your light. Shining on the computer to look at it didn't work nearly as well as charging up the luminescent backface by holding the light right on top of the computer for a few seconds before I look at it. Not sure how that would work with your computer. To use my inflator, I would just let the light dangle from the lanyard, but that's not such a good idea because the swinging light can inadvertently make other divers think you're in trouble.

More recently I've started holding my light in my right hand, which makes it much easier to manage my wing inflator. Not sure what I'll do on my next night dive.

Light in Left hand, Dump air with rear dump valve on right, reach across with right hand to inflate. The you can keep your horizontal trim while diving.:crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom