How to: Install Dry Gloves in 5 minutes! (Picture Heavy)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man, it would be nice to have them a little easier to get off. I've gotten quite good at biting mine -- Jaw muscles being much stronger than my arthritic hands!

I've been pushing one of the thumb tabs against a pickup truck tailgate to get them off... seems any decently flat surface that I can push down on helps out a bunch!

Hadn't even thought of using my teeth... they really get on there good, and I've only been closing them about half an inch or so.

I think I have 60 dives on my dry gloves now without any leaks. Love them, even if a little difficult to remove!

-Brandon.

Yes, luckily I was warned not to close the tabs too much, or I'd never have gotten out of them!

Teeth work well, but you have to have the tabs positioned where you can get at them to bite them.

Does anyone know if the Viking Bayonet rings will work with the new fusion????

Phil
I'm not sure about the Viking rings (I don't see why not), but I am sure the Si-Tec rings work.

dryglovesendview.jpg

All the best, James

The Viking bayonet rings work. I installed them on the suit I demoed, and took them back off when I returned it.

I'm not sure about the Viking rings (I don't see why not), but I am sure the Si-Tec rings work.

dryglovesendview.jpg

All the best, James

Is "Janet" your drag name? :D

Is "Janet" your drag name? :D

Why, now that you mention it....eehm...no. That's Mrs. Fdog...

All the best, James

Thanks for letting me know about the rings... I thought that they would but I just was not sure. I just bought the fusion last week. Hopefully I will get it this week....

Thanks again
Phil

Great "How to" Brandon.

I noticed our name (Hardware Sales Inc) was posted as a place to buy the gloves earlier in this thread. I wanted to offer an exclusive promotion code for members of the scubaboard.com forum. Go to Welcome to Hardware Sales Inc. and during checkout type "scuba5" and get 5-percent off the purchase of the Atlas 660 or Atlas 620 gloves (Offer good only on the Welcome to Hardware Sales Inc. website).

Hopes this helps you guys out. We appreciate your business. Thank you for the recommendation.

I just got the Bayonet rings for my Fusion and I have a Question about the Neoprene cuff.

Do you install the bayonet ring over the top of the Neoprene Cuff??

I guess this is directed to TSandM because fdog's rings are just different enough that I am not sure. It looks like his are installed over the cuff but I just cannot tell...

Thanks
Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom