How to make Solo Rebreather Diving safer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just to start a new thread, please find a new article: How to make Solo Rebreather Diving safer?

on my web site at

www.cedricverdier.com/articles.html

I would like to have some feedback from solo rebreather divers:
- how do you plan your dive (compared to a dive with a buddy)?
- do you use any specific equipment?
- what kind of dive profile in what kind of environment?
- is there a way to improve safety?

Cheers

I'm curious, Mark, what agency are you with.
From what I understand team bailout is quite common
in some agencies.

If you mean that the buddy teams must end the dive if one has problem yes team bailout in your words. My point is that each diver is responsible for self rescue.
That rebreather diving is like all Diving and that SOLO is a personal choice.
Each diver is responsible for himself 1st then his buddy if he has one????

Hawaii Divers Org:
If you mean that the buddy teams must end the dive if one has problem yes team bailout in your words. My point is that each diver is responsible for self rescue.
That rebreather diving is like all Diving and that SOLO is a personal choice.
Each diver is responsible for himself 1st then his buddy if he has one????
Team bailout is used by some groups where each member carries only part of the total gas needed to get one member safely to the surface. Usually it involves multiple gasses as well where each team member carries a different gas for bailout at various legs of the dive.
I personally don't do it. As I believe each diver should be inpendentant.

wedivebc:
Team bailout is used by some groups where each member carries only part of the total gas needed to get one member safely to the surface. Usually it involves multiple gasses as well where each team member carries a different gas for bailout at various legs of the dive.
I personally don't do it. As I believe each diver should be inpendentant.

For everage dives, each diver having enough of bailout makes sense, but once you start getting into BIG dives with extensive deco, the only real way to do it is with team bailout.. On REALLY big dives, this isnt even possible, In this case you have to plan to have enough gas to get you to support divers (or to staged gases) that can get you what ever gas is necessary..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom