How to move double tanks around easily and safely---DIR needs to address this!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With good sac rate and good buddy, the hp 100 should be fine...with a poor buddy and mediocre sac rates, maybe the 130 size or the doubles are called for.

i'd just prefer to see divers coming out of the water up here with ~1500 psi left in 130s rather than ~900 psi left in 100s. especially when they're newer divers and particularly the bigger guys when they have the lung capacity to start breathing at 1.2 cu ft / min if they get excited at depth.

they're gonna be diving at 100 foot around here very early since it takes all of 5 minutes to kick out from shore and hit those depths around here. trying to tell them not to do that until they've got more experience doesn't work at all. i'd prefer to see the additional capacity there and the the additional time available at depth. chest beating about SAC rates doesn't help out the safety side of the equation.

130s also trim out nicely as a single tank on guys.

i'd just prefer to see divers coming out of the water up here with ~1500 psi left in 130s rather than ~900 psi left in 100s. especially when they're newer divers and particularly the bigger guys when they have the lung capacity to start breathing at 1.2 cu ft / min if they get excited at depth.

they're gonna be diving at 100 foot around here very early since it takes all of 5 minutes to kick out from shore and hit those depths around here. trying to tell them not to do that until they've got more experience doesn't work at all. i'd prefer to see the additional capacity there and the the additional time available at depth. chest beating about SAC rates doesn't help out the safety side of the equation.

130s also trim out nicely as a single tank on guys.

Yes, it really is hard to argue with 130's for the reasons you cite. Especiially here with all the hunting that takes place in 100'+ depths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom