How to secure 2nd stage on slung pony?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a878bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My first time with setting up a slung pony. 30cu/f with Diverite hardware. The elastic strap is on the lower 1/3 of the cylinder to handle the hose. But how do you secure the 2nd stage up by the cylinder valve? I'm really excited about trying this setup if I can get it right. Pictures would be helpful and appreciated !

I just use 2 bungees. One on the bottom for the hose and one on top for the hose on the 2nd. Pulls clean but a bit of bother to stow. I'll check the pics.

Bob
--------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

I have bands that I cut from a car tire innertube. I attach a little flap of inner tube that is folded over as a handle. Cannot recall what size tube I used, but it fits perfect.

Go to DeepSeaSupply's site, they have nice pics of pony/stage set-ups w/upper/lower straps.....Have you tried a Miflex hose for the reg. ???.....They slide under the straps and pull out easily.......

Attachments

• 1325206687625.jpg
    1325206687625.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 228
  • 1325206688886.jpg
    1325206688886.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 207
I have a standard bolt snap on my pony regs, and a parachute cord tied around the neck.

Keeps the 2nd stage from "banging around" during non-underwater movement, too.

Since we're in the Hogarthian forum, I believe the way to do it is just with two rubber bands around the tank. Stuff the hose into them and you're done.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom