How to secure lights on loc line arms?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guruboy

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
What's a good way to secure a light that's on a loc line arm so that it doesn't fall if the arm breaks?

I haven't found the need to so yet with my system, they're pretty strong! If your light has some sort of loop, you could attach it via bungee or line to the tray. I wonder if you could drill a tiny hole to feed the line inside the LocLines and out the bottom to attach? Wonder if that would also help with the annyoying salt water that gets trapped inside too!

I put a thin (1/8in) bungee on anything attached via locline. I have a loop tied in the other end and this attaches to something on the camera system that isn't likely to go anywhere.

In good cases, such as my sola 1200, there's a solid ring to tie the bungee to. The other end gets looped into the main bungee that is clipped to my harness (so I don't lose the whole thing).

In other cases, you get creative finding something to attach. I've used cave line to attach a go-pro housing to my scooter handle. I've also used cave line to attach a flash diffuser to the flash or other solid bit. In the early days I lost a few diffusers during boat dives.

I also almost lost the sola on an early dive when boarding. Waves smacked me into the ladder and bent, then popped the loc-line. Fortunately we did a second dive on the same wreck and found the light very near the upline. It was then I added the thin bungee. So far I've not lost anything else.

I can take a photo if you want.

I get what you mean. I have a sola so I know what loop you're taking about.

I wonder why the system doesn't take advantage of the hollow center for a line.

I've heard of people using a thin cable or string through the center and attaching it to the tray and the light. Using a bungee as sunnyboy mentioned would also work.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom