How to unsubscribe to treads?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beboandles

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry but I have a rookie question?
I have been lurking on the boards for awhile.Although I have picked up lots of knowledge about diving,I have never seen how to un-subscribe to threads.I look at the boards regularly and do not need them filling up my e-mail.I am sure that this is a simple fix,(probably didnt read enough about Board)I would appreciate your solutions.Sorry for such a basic question!

This would be best put in the support forum so it's easily found by those "in the know".

There's two things you need to do. First up, you want to change your default subscription mode. If you go to "User CP", and then on the left select "Edit Options". In "Messaging and Notification", second sub-section, there is 'default subscription mode'. Set that to what you want. You can set it to 'no e-mail notification' so you don't get e-mails when someone responds to a subscribed thread, but still get it on your subscribed threads list [which you likely saw on your way over to teh Edit Options]. You could also set it to daily or weekly notification... depending on your preference. Set it to what you want and 'save' at the bottom.

You can go back to your user CP, or select the link right above the select box you changed the preference in to get to your list of subscribed threads. The check boxes on the far right let you control the individual threads, or you can select the check box on the very top [right next to the title of the "Notification" column]. Checking that box will check all the boxes on that page. Since you only have 38 posts, you probably only have one page of subscribed threads, so you don't have to repeat it for the other pages.

Once you get them checked, down on the bottom there is the "Sellcted Threads: Move folder...". click the pulldown there and select the "Update Subscription Type" that you desire; or you can delete your subscriptions by selecting such in that list, depending on what preference you decided on.

Back
Top Bottom