How you guys store your mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If mine didnt come with a case, just buy a plastic container at Walmart and just put it there?

I use the plastic container the mask came in. If you can find a solid, plastic container at Walmart, so long as the mask fits in it, that should be fine. You just want something which is big enough it won't deform the skirt on the mask but small enough the mask isn't going to bounce around in the case.

In the mask box. If for some reason I don't have the box, I place it in my fin pocket for protection while transporting my gear. I smashed my mask once and learned my lesson. I was on a live aboard and I was a new diver at the time. Fortunately my buddy had a back up, somewhat leaky for me but I was very grateful.

How do you guys store it? just put in the bag ?

My Atomic Frameless mask has gotten stuffed into the foot pocket of one of my fins after each of the last 500 or so dives since I got the mask. Never had a problem...

Foot pocket or mask case... depends how much room is in my bag.

I use mask box. I drilled a few 3/4 inch holes in the bottom and lid to allow drying. I never needed to leave it out to dry, never had mold or anything.

Pete

This ^

I've still got the plastic case/box my mask came in and it gets stored in there. Small enough it doesn't take up a lot of room and keeps it protected

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

+1.....

Always be sure your mask is completely dry before putting it in a closed plastic container. I put one of my masks in the container it came in, when it was not completely dry. Between the lens and the frame a fungus started growing, which is very hard to remove, other than taking the mask apart. So now I put them in their containers but leave the top of during storage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom